Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 5 Mar 2002 00:17:50 -0800
From:         Mike Garske <mjgarske@ATTBI.COM>
Subject:      Re: A "Get High Campout." What does it mean?

Eyes are rolling......

developtrust wrote: > > So what does "get high" really mean in this campout and where is it to be > held? Which state? > > I can remember in the "good old days" when a "get high" camp out meant pot, > drugs of all kinds, LSD, booze, wine, cigarettes and debauchery. > > These days I'm into fresh air and real quality time without smoke, drugs, > alcohol & etc., but instead real IN DEPTH meaningful friendships. More work, > and no immediate gratification. I know I may sound like a prude and a very > boring person but I would not camp where I had to deal with cigarette smoke > or drugs or other people's addictions and denial about it. I get enough of > that at ordinary campgrounds. If I had to deal with cigarettes or drugs I > would not complain, I would just leave unless there were special > circumstances, like in Europe or Asia where people think we are nuts to not > smoke anywhere we please. > > I hope I am not pushing anyone's buttons. No offense intended. I just choose > to walk a different path than most. > > William Polowniak > 1989 Vanagon GL > 1988 Mercedes 300 SE > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Tim" <tim@CWO.COM> > To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> > Sent: Monday, March 04, 2002 9:41 PM > Subject: Re: First 11th Annual 'Get High Campout' > > > Let me guess Mike. You spent eight hours on the phone before you were able > > to talk top anyone!!! Mt Diablo camping is as popular as our reservation > > system is unpopular. > > > > Tim O > > > > > > > OK, here is it. > > > > > > The first time ever, 11th annual bay area 'Camping high camp out' > > > April 13-14, Wildcat Group Camp, Mt. Diablo State Park. Limited to 10 > vans > > > overnight but no limit during the day. BenT has to behave himself. > Karl > > > Wolz must attend with a permission slip from Stephanie. David B must > > > correct every fault on every van attending but is not responsible for > > > upgrades, except on mine. > > > > > > This is the meet Melissa Mourkas event of the year, decade, century, > > > millennium. Whatever. > > > > > > For directions and other questions pmail me. > > > > > > If Melissa can't come, she's toast, after all the crud I went through to > > get > > > this reservation. > > >