Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 5 Mar 2002 20:32:07 -0600
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Rust Inhibit Kit (WAXOYL)-Is this the Holy Grail?
Comments: To: developtrust@COX.NET

If anyone invented a product that needed rust and eliminated rust > by ----------------- Architectural metals companies use a fair amount of iron oxide to ad patina to various architectural and decorative metals. The iron oxide does not attack the steel base materials due to special coatings similar to POR products. The sprayed on iron oxide coatings rust almost immediately leaving the desired patina. As far as body shops go ............. its rush through and get paid, thats all they care about. If they leave uncoated seams they just don't care. I never repair small dents in my Westy, anywhere they add heat it burns off the paint and they won't spend ten minutes (even if I paid them to) to open a panel and coat the interior of a work area. In the paint and body its Habla Espanol and rush, rush, rush.

Stan Wilder

On Tue, 5 Mar 2002 17:02:34 -0800 developtrust <developtrust@COX.NET> writes: > > At 12:11 AM +0100 3/6/02, Robert Steven Fish wrote: > > >I thought the whole beauty of these new miracle chemicals, was > that they > do > > >not even like to have bare metal... they like to be painted onto > RUST!!! > > > Think about it. > > If anyone invented a product that needed rust and eliminated rust > by > chemically combining with it and changing it into harmless material > that > inventor would be richer than Bill Gates. And body shops everywhere > would > use it. I've never found a body shop that would guarantee a paint > job where > rust was a factor. > > William Polowniak > 1989 Vanagon GL > 1988 Mercedes 300 SE > ________________________________________________________________ GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO! Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less! Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.