Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 6 Mar 2002 18:31:11 EST
From:         Chuck Mathis <CMathis227@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Interior door/side/headliner  panels redux

Many moons have since passed but I reupholstered the door panels of my '66 Beetle with tie-dye fabric. Developed a splitting headache while driving it until the contact cement fully cured. I'm sure at some point that car ended up with a rabid restorer that is probably still looking for me.

Much less obnoxious but very high on the cool factor -- I replaced the door panels in my '67 Deluxe with 1/2" tongue and groove maple boards. Did a nice job with the fit and finish. Looked real good even as the bus was being carted off to the bone yard because of terminal rust.

My '85 wears a couple of small spalted koa trim pieces I fashioned myself but for the most part the interior is bone stock.

Chuck '85 Wolfsburg Westy - 'Roland the Road Buffalo'