Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 7 Mar 2002 01:58:48 +0100
From:         Markus Samuelson <BP@EARTHLING.NET>
Subject:      Re: TDI no vanagon content.
Comments: To: Barry Mercer <bjmercer@SYMPATICO.CA>

I have an AUDI A3 TDi -99 (the same engine I would imagine), the thing with these is that it is a real job to change the timing belt if you look at it the parts aren't especially expensive but the labour is! Also I seem to remember that the change interval is extended after this one... And Yes you do want to change it since it not only drives the camshaft but also the water pump and that adds more load to the belt and the engine will not be a happy camper if the belt snaps. If the belt should snap you have some very expensive repairs to do! Well mine still runs but then I have changed timing belt no less than three times already! I'm in the 270K Km range by now and it still runs beautifully!

/Markus Samuelson Kolback Sweden

-98 Audi A3 TDi -92 Vanagon Syncro Panel van -88 Vanagon Syncro DoubleCab -88 Vanagon DoubleCab -87 Vanagon Syncro Panel Van