Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 7 Mar 2002 09:04:58 -0700
From:         John Brush <jbrush@AROS.NET>
Subject:      Re: Gas went up $0.13 a gal overnight what's up?

>Fuel here in Birmingham area where I buy mine jumped overnight from 97.9 >by 6 cents in some stations and 9 cents in others for a high of $1.09.9.

>>From what I can tell so far the overnight increase occured all over the eastern >and southeastern US. Gouge, Gouge, Gouge.

You guys are just kidding around, right? Here in Utah, gas goes up 10 and 12 cents all the time. It settles back down, and then overnite, every station in the city jumps up 10 cents. Then, over time, it goes back down a penny or so now and again, and then, the phone calls occur at midnight, and the next morning, its back up by 10 or 12 cents. This is how it has been for many years.

I haven't lived outside of here for a while, so I am getting the impression that prices don't do this elsewhere? If a 9 cent jump is disconcerting to you, forget about living around here :-) Happens at least once a month..

It has dropped quite a bit in the last few months, around $1.00 now, but I think its a safe bet that it will be hanging around $1.70 by the time the 4th of July rolls around.

The fun part is that our gasoline is refined right here in the city, from crude that is pumped from Utah ground, and the stations that are based in Utah still have to sell it at the same price as the stuff that comes from halfway round the world.

Try not to let it affect you, we have been at war for 30 years to protect our precious gasoline, so it will continue to be a source of aggravation to all of us.

I figure gas costs $2 a gallon, and just goes on sale now and then just like food and clothes <shrug>

Regards,

John