Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 7 Mar 2002 21:19:01 +0100
From:         Robert Steven Fish <fish@SALZBURG.CO.AT>
Subject:      Re: What do I look for?
Comments: To: John McLean <jaymac@INTERNETCDS.COM>

Hey, just curious.....

snipped ------------- > I also like to look at the oil filter. You can tell if the owner did his > own oil changes or paid someone else. end snipped ------------

how can you tell this, and why would you care??? I do my own oil changes and buy a filter that is often times VW OEM...

I think if you are going to look at the oil filter, a good thing to notice would be whether it is completely rusted through, and spewing oil, or in tact... otherwise it doesn't really tell me so much. Am I wrong here?

RSF

Robert S. Fish Salzburg, Austria 1987 Wolfsburg Vanagon 2.1 GL Weekender 1987 Golf Cabriolet 1991 Golf

----- Original Message ----- From: "John McLean" <jaymac@INTERNETCDS.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 6:55 AM Subject: Re: What do I look for?