Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 1 Mar 2002 20:14:31 -0800
From:         David Marshall <vanagon@VOLKSWAGEN.ORG>
Subject:      Re: Digifant II... ?
Comments: To: JonR <jon.hathaway@VERIZON.NET>

Please see ###

David Marshall

Fast Forward Automotive Inc. 4356 Quesnel Hixon Road Quesnel BC Canada V2J 6Z3 mailto:info@fastforward.ca <mailto:info@fastforward.ca> http://www.fastforward.ca <http://www.fastforward.ca> Phone: (250) 992 7775 FAX: (250) 992 1160

. Vanagon Accessories and Engine Conversions . Vanagon, Transporter and Iltis Sales and Importation . European Lighting for most Volkswagen models

Hi folks,

Just picked a German made '89 Jetta with the "PF" high compression 1.8L. Bentley says it has the Digifant II fuel injection system...

How similar is the Vanagon system Digifant F/I to what's in this Jetta..?

### There are a lot if similarities and a lot of improvements with the Digifant II system as compared to the Digifant I system.

Will a Digitool work with this system?

### The Vanagon Digitool will NOT work with this system as the pinouts to the ECU are very different. However, it is possible to make a Digitool (II) system for it if you attach things to the right pins on the ECU.

Can I use one the Aussie power chips?

### No totally different ECU.

What magazine would be most helpful in upgrading this new edition to my fleet (I've been out of the Sport compact scene for so long, I don't know what is out there anymore...)

### European Car would be your best bet.

Especially looking for input from you Tuners out there....

### There are a few things that you can do to that 1.8L Digifant II to give it more power. Chips are not available for this system that I know of - no big deal as there is still lots you can do. I would suggest getting a Techtonics exhaust system before any other modification - good for the torque. After that a 266 or a 268 cam will wake up the top end on these engines quite nice. You 105hp motor can do 120+hp with these two mods.

If anything ever happens to the body or tranny of this car, the engine will most assuredly be transplanted into one of my '83.5 Westies...

### They make great upgrades to your Westie!

TIA

JonR

NH area LiMBO rep