Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 9 Mar 2002 00:25:32 -0600
From:         John Rodgers <jhrodgers@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Re: New mystery. Faint rumble from right side of van
Comments: To: developtrust <developtrust@COX.NET>

Try this test.

Get in a really big level parking lot. Start to drive in a circle and steer it tighter and tighter until the steering wheel is against the stops.After going one way, turn it into the other way.

(1)A bad or dying power steering pump will whine like crazy, and (2) a dying CV will begin to knock very audibly. If neither (they are not related) happens, just drive the thing. It's prol'ly not worrying over until it gets worse.

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver