Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 9 Mar 2002 02:33:35 -0500
From:         Stephen Steele <steeles@HORIZONVIEW.NET>
Subject:      Re: Motor Wobble?
Comments: To: Max Wellhouse <maxjoyce@ipa.net>

... > Anyone out there have a handle on how much the motor should move > around. It appears to be difficult to discern whether or not the rear > mounts may have sheared their bonds. These ere German made mounts if memory > serves. Any thoughts appreciated as always. > > Dimwitted Moose and Flying Squirrel

Max:

Sounds like your movement is excessive. Check the mounts, they are more than likely the problem.

My newly acquired '87 Westy was a bit "shakier" than my '91 Caravelle ( both auto transmission). The fact that the plugs were gapped around .4 to .48 mm had a little to do with the "shake". New Bosch plugs set at .28 helped a lot.

However, I am going to check the mounts further, when I do the CV joints next week.

I like the idea of the "down the road test".... definitely a Vanagon thing to do. Boris and Natasha would find it amusing to see as they drove past in their 1960 GAZ 1R.

BTW....you didn't price your locking cores.

-- Stephen Chillicothe OH