Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 9 Mar 2002 08:30:36 -0600
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Friday Humor
Comments: To: wsmith@SAN.RR.COM

Well Ward you've been victimized by the Russians. You've some how gotten one of their Vans that has been modified for smuggling Chernobyl Heavey Water out of Russia. Be careful of the funny colored anti freeze. Have you noticed your testicles getting larger or turning purple? Those Russians are very clever, instead of using barrels they chose the VW and installed water cooled engines of their very on design. The original plan was to sell over a million of these vans, each containing about six gallons of the heavy water. They fell far short of their goal but the clever way that the Van just drips the heavy water coolant a little at a time has contaminated almost the entire US , South America and most of Europe. If they had just used the six gallon barrels we may have saved the earth but catching every little drip at every red light on three continents is impossible. This was truly worthy of a James Bond thriller, they've truly bested us on this one. If you know the where about of one of these lethal smuggling machines, keep Your Distance and notify the American Association Of Automobile Re cycler immediately. They will crush out the vehicle and ship it to the Chinese as scrap iron and start our revenge cycle so they too can enjoy the benefits of Communism.

Stan Wilder

On Fri, 8 Mar 2002 22:47:20 -0800 Ward Smith <wsmith@SAN.RR.COM> writes: > Hey Stan (and all), > > Well, having been the proud owner of 6-10 pre 1973 VW's (California > smog > laws suck!), I have been trying to stay away from the Vanagons, but > I have > finally given in. I bought a 1984 GL, loved it ;sold it ; bought > another '84 > ;sold it today; and just recently bought a really nice '83 Westy. > My > question is, Shouldn't the '83 be air cooled? It was made in May > '83, so I > guess it could be an '84 MY, and it has the ubiquitus front radiator > and fat > black coolant hoses running around the engine, so what gives? Would > that > make it a 1.9L? The heads are off, and only one looks good, so I am > going to > try and rebuild the engine so any info in that respect is > appreciated. It > seems like the heads come off without an engine-ectomy. Si, or No? > Will they > go back on without pulling the engine? > > See you in the left lanes for a change... > > Ward > > "life looks a little twisted through corner windows" > > > > -----Original Message----- > From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM]On > Behalf > Of Stan Wilder > Sent: Friday, March 08, 2002 8:48 PM > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Subject: Friday Humor > > > Well I can see that all of the true Friday Humorist: > 1) Brought their paychecks home to the wife, they'll be near dead > tomorrow. > 2) Went camping like I wish I could (waiting for rain and 40 degree > temperature drop and 25-40 mph winds) > 3) Got totally fed up with the potti link and decided to read in > the > throne room. > 4) Laid out of work this week and don't have any new material to > post. > 5) Still LTAsO about Kablers last mail. > 6) Got connected to the Playboy Channel. > > Stan Wilder > 83 Aircooled Westy > > ________________________________________________________________ > GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO! > Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less! > Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit: > http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/. >