Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 9 Mar 2002 11:23:48 -0500
From:         Tim Hannink <tjhannink@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: reinforced t-i-r-e-s

Go to: http://www.tirerack.com/ Under "SHOP FOR TIRES" select the "search your tire size" link Enter "185" section width, "none" for aspect ratio, and "14" for rim diameter All of the resulting tires meet the spec for a Vanagon in a 185 aspect ratio. Selecting the specs for an individual tire will also show other sizes that are available. I haven't been able to find any 205/70's with the correct load rating.

Tim Hannink Winter Park, Florida Goldibox - 1987 Vanagon Camper, Wolfsburg Edition http://home.earthlink.net/~tjhannink/ .

-----Original Message----- From: Barry E. Muller [SMTP:bmuller@UOFT02.UTOLEDO.EDU] Sent: Saturday, March 09, 2002 10:59 AM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: reinforced t-i-r-e-s

I really appreciate that info.

A great followup would be information and suppliers/vendors that actually stock bloody 14" tires that fit the Vanagon's specs (for my application, it would be the 205/70 R14 LI99). Best I've seen listed on the web (don't even now if the exist in fact) have an LI of 95. But I have a lead on Vredestein 205/75 R14 with an LI of something like 106! If anyone is intereted I'll let them know were this leads via pmail.

bem