Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 9 Mar 2002 23:49:45 -0800
From:         Ward Smith <wsmith@SAN.RR.COM>
Subject:      Re: Me the ass hole
Comments: To: Stan Wilder <wilden1@JUNO.COM>

Stan,

Well as a recent subscriber to this list, I can say that I totally agree with you. Self-Banishment is a good thing. I was recently trying to find out an answer to a serious question about engine size in an '84 GL (does size really matter?), and nobody chimed in to give me a real answer. All I got was your diatribe on the evils of Communism and the current Russian threat. I mean, c'mon. Sure I could buy a Haynes manual. Sure I could search E-bay for months and spend a couple dollars for an original owner's manual. Sure I could open the rear hatch and engine compartment and read the stupid letters off the engine plaque. What fun would that be?

The really important threads (like Tire Selection) are getting swamped by your constant childish witticisms. I have been trying to figure out what tires to use on the aforementioned '84 GL (OK, so it has perfectly good Michelins, but I want to know what EVERBODY else thinks). I want people to give me their professional opinions on a subject they know less about than I do. I want to take advise from a guy who hasn't checked the pressure in his tires in the past 6 years and swears goodyears SUCK!!! I want to......oops, getting carried away.

Bottom line:

1. You don't like what's playing, turn the channel (or at least turn down the volume).

2. Bitch, and you bitch alone.

3. VW's rock. All of them. Period. Different strokes...Different folks. (lets unite and pick on someone else for a change...like people who drive Yugo's...or Opel's...or Peugot's. We could probably take all three of those groups on at once)

4. People who drive "other cars" don't have a club...or a website...or a chat room...or a list. Why? Cuz to them they're just cars. Transportation. Depretiating assets. Period.

5. Name one other car company that's entire line is appretiating faster than VW.

6. When was the last time you pulled up to someone's house, knocked on his door, and said, "I noticed you have an old Ford Taurus in your driveway. I have been looking for one of those for years. I grew up driving/learning to drive/my mom used to have/I always wanted to restore/the coolest guy in my highschool used to sit in that car before school and smoke...”. You get the idea.

To summarize:

Keep up the comedy. Anyone who doesn’t like it probably needs it more than they know.

Ward

“Life looks pretty twisted through corner windows”

1957->1984 Type II’s (about 10) 1973 Chevy Blazer 1973 Plymouth Valiant 1987 Honda “Super Magna” 1979 BMW 733i 1952 MGTD Kit Car (‘69 bug pan) 1994 KX 250 <- not mine....RIP Devin! 1996 Yamaha WaveRaider/Superjet/Venture/Blaster II ...and anything else I can get for a deal...

Seriously though, when did they start making the “Wasserboxer”. I’m too lazy to search the archives, and I know someone out there has the info. I’ll trade info for an ‘84 Gl rear bumper-dented-badly. Hehe