Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 10 Mar 2002 09:37:14 -0500
From:         Joe Romas <jromas@COLUMBUS.RR.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fuel Injection Wire Harness Meltdown!
Comments: To: Finrun@AOL.COM

You may be lucky as far as the damadge goes. It sounds like the path of distruction followed the grounds through the injector harness to the left head grounding point. As others have suggested, open the burned harness back to good wires and replace the burned. Leave the O2 sensor disconnected and see what happens. As was explained in another reply, it sounds like the current does not come through the ECM. My 84 has the single wire so I don't know why it all happened.

May the force be with you! Joe ----- Original Message ----- From: "Finn Runyon" <Finrun@AOL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2002 5:56 AM Subject: Fuel Injection Wire Harness Meltdown!