Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 11 Mar 2002 09:59:25 -0500
From:         80 Westy Pokey <pokey@VANAGON.ORG>
Subject:      Re: REPOST Custom Aerodynamic Fiberglass Box for Front Westfalia
              Luggage Rack
Comments: To: phil stanhope <napszeerf@YAHOO.COM>

"Access from interior" means that when you put the pop top up you can open the screen and easily access the box. As for drag... I am SURE you are right, the guy who sold it to me said no appreciable change in mileage. It may improve things a bit if you also have stuff on your westy top as it may smooth the airflow a bit. I realize the frontal area has increased but it is REALLY areodynamic looking.

Thanks, Chris

---- Original message ---- >Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 06:02:48 -0800 >From: phil stanhope <napszeerf@YAHOO.COM> >Subject: Re: REPOST Custom Aerodynamic Fiberglass Box for Front Westfalia Luggage Rack >To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > >Access from the Interior???...How? And Thats going to >push alot more air becouse even when I mount two >surfboards to my roof racks I feel the drag. Drag >sucks > >Phil >84' Westy Tiico "Millenium Falcon" >60' Morris Mini rally car1340CC >84' Westfalia Wolfsburg edition--FOR SALE-FOR SALE-SE >VENDE!!!!!!(Florida) >AC, PS, 4spd. Super clean interior, Captains chairs, >Rare removeable center bench seat for 6 passenger >capability. Body has some rusty seams >Rolling Chassis-(Has NO engine)-Perfect for a >conversion project!!! Tiico? Subaru? > > > > > > >--- Vanagon man <vgonman@MSN.COM> wrote: >> I have seen one of these in person. A Canadian was >> passing thru at the >> local VW dealer for service last summer and I saw it >> up top, and they bought >> the van with it already attached. >> >> Did not look too large, aerodynamic in the front >> sort of like a >> semi-fiberglass to smooth air flow..........and >> appeared watertight. You >> could not get a big suitcase in it,m but a large >> duffel bag and some other >> stuff would fit................. >> >> ----- Original Message ----- > > >__________________________________________________ >Do You Yahoo!? >Try FREE Yahoo! Mail - the world's greatest free email! >http://mail.yahoo.com/