Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 8 Mar 2002 12:38:41 -0500
From:         The Bus Depot <vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM>
Subject:      Lower SA Grill prices Coming Soon

I posted this a little while ago to the Syncro list, but a recent email made me think that I should repost it here as well.

The recent group buy on South African parts led me to put the screws on my South African supplier. I had mentioned on the Syncro list some time back that I would be doing that, in hopes of lower prices, but I don't think I ever copied the Vanagon list on it.

Below is a copy of the results of that effort, as I posted to the other list:

> On a related issue, I had noted before that I would be > renegotiating with my South African supplier and trying > to force his price down, using the recently announced > "group buy" prices as ammunition to beat him over the head > with. It worked like a charm! I just ordered both the upper > 4-headlight grill kit (complete with VW inner lights) and the > lower wrap-around grill, at significantly lower costs. They > will be competitive with the group buy prices (hopefully the > same, and worst-case within 5-10%). But, of course, > with the option of paying by credit card, and with no money > charged until they're on their way to you. It will be about 8 > weeks before the parts arrive, though. (While I do have some > in stock now, I paid much more for them, so I can't sell existing > stock at those prices.) I'll post an update when they arrive.

So, this may be another option for anyone who does not have the cash for the group buy right now.

If anyone really, really has to have an upper or lower grill kit right away, and doesn't want to wait for either the group buy or my new stock, email me. I can probably work you out a price midpoint between the group buy pricing and my current pricing.

Also, someone had asked about lower spoilers. If you are talking about the stock '87-91 spoiler, I sell the whole kit for $133 with listmember discount (part 2540), and have them in stock. The ones I sell are German, not South African. It may be that the South African ones are also German for that matter, as many German parts are used on the South African Vanagons. If so, the odds are that it would not be cheaper in South Africa, but I have seen stranger things, so I couldn't say for sure. Again, just providing another alternative.

- Ron Salmon The Bus Depot, Inc. (215) 234-VWVW www.busdepot.com

_____________________________________________ Toll-Free for Orders by Part # 1-866-BUS-DEPOT