Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 12 Mar 2002 16:38:47 -0500
From:         The Bus Depot <vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM>
Subject:      Important Change regarding Bus Depot E-mail & website   (NVC)

Starting immediately, there will be a major change in the way e-mail and website inquiries are handled at The Bus Depot.

Until now, a separate contractor in Massachusetts handled our email inquiries and website orders, whereas phone calls went directly to our shop in Pennsylvania. Putting a separate crew in charge of email was meant to improve service. But ultimately it failed, for a lot of reasons. Besides the obvious risk of miscommunication when email is going to a remote location 200 miles from the shop, there were also complaints about slow, incomplete, or unanswered email.

So, as of now, it's back under my direct control. All website orders and email (either via the website form or to sales@busdepot.com) now go right to the shop, under the direct supervision of either myself or my store manager Dan Sheridan. This will result in a dramatic improvement in both the speed and quality of email response from The Bus Depot. It will mean that you can email rather than phone, and be confident of receiving a quick and complete response. I am looking for same or next business day response to every email as quickly as we can attain it. And as a side benefit, telephone customer service will also improve, as improved email response will reduce call volume and ease the phone reps' workload.

(Incidentally, this change has resulted in job openings here in Pa. for several positions. Email me, or pass it on.)

The transition has been underway for a couple of weeks and is now complete. So the worst is over, and from here on in, everything should be relatively smooth (I hope!). I think we'll start out better than before from the get-go, and only improve from there during the coming weeks and months. However, if you didn't get a reply to email sent over the last few weeks (during the transition period), please do me a favor and shoot me a quick note. I've been matching recent emails against responses, just to make sure that no one "slipped through the cracks" while we were migrating evertthing, but I can't rule out the possibility that I missed something (although I'm doing do my best).

So, expect to see a significant improvement in the quality of customer service at The Bus Depot as we move forward. And if you have any feedback on the changes (positive or negative), please do email me personally at ron@busdepot.com . You would be doing me a great favor to let me know how we're doing as we progress into the spring season.

Thanks for putting up with our growing pains and trials and errors ... we're still learning ... :-)

Thanks, Ron Salmon The Bus Depot, Inc. (215) 234-VWVW www.busdepot.com

_____________________________________________ Toll-Free for Orders by Part # 1-866-BUS-DEPOT