Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 12 Mar 2002 19:29:48 -0500
From:         Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject:      Re: re.class 2 hitch, motorcycle carrier
Comments: To: Gary Lee <gary2a@TELUSPLANET.NET>

I would not recommend carrying a 350 lb bike on the back of the van. I also would not rely on the original bumper bracket mounting to hold any type of an extended load. The bumper brackets are bolted through sheet metal. The hanging load will loosen and stretch the metal out and eventually tear off. Seen it.

I sell a hitch that extends into the frame helping to distribute the load. If interested, send me an e-mail asking for more information. I have a Word file with information and pictures. I'll only e-mail those interested so I don't clog every ones in boxes.

Dennis