Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 13 Mar 2002 15:40:42 -0500
From:         "G. Matthew Bulley" <gmbulley@BULLEY-HEWLETT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Wow--150hp engine -- and yes, ....

150 hp from a Type four is certainly do-able. See: http://www.aircooledtechnology.com

Developing business and guiding change since 1996,

G. Matthew Bulley Bulley-Hewlett Corporate Communications Business: www.bulley-hewlett.com Alliance: www.ntara.com Call tollfree: +1.877.658.1278

Actually I was curious so I emailed this guy a while back I forget the detail since that one's at work not here, but it seems it has some kind of turbo according to him. I don't think the 2.0 turbo'd would have that many ponies with any kind of reliability but it may well be somewhere in that neighborhood. Perhaps one of our air-cooled brethren could enlighten us on that.

JT

..... I lived in Minnesota, St. Paul at the time, sold it to a young photographer who lived just off Henepin and Lake in Mpls, along with the rebuilt 094 Tranny. Used the bigger 215 mm 914 flywheel, the gears had been changed, the differential was from a Vanagon.....

..... and the '74 was quicker to 45 than my 1978 Scirocco! Got 28 MPG, and cruised at 3500 RPM at 70MPH with oversize 215/70-14 tires.

Ch

'89 SyncroBeast Vanagon - '87 16V GTI '80 850 Yamaha Special '87 16V GTI w/ hale damage - parting out - body gone, parts remain '89 16V GTI w/ toasted motor '86 Scirocco (8 valve w/ auto) - SO's

New Jursey (our hearts remain in MinneSnowta)

In a perfect world without walls or fences........ .....................why would we need Windows or Gates?

**** SNIP FROM ORIGINAL **** Actually, he could have my old 2.0 liter 914 motor. I built it up for my 1974 loaf, and sold it many years ago, and yes, it was pushing 150 HP what with the stump pulling cam, dual webers, rockers, larger pistons, ported heads, yada, yada, yada....

So, 150 HP out of a 2.0 liter 914? yep, easy to do.

Made the '74 way wicked quick!

******************************************************* Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 16:44:49 -0800 From: "Nemo, the Bus Captain" <nemobuscaptain@YAHOO.COM> Subject: Wow--150hp engine (snicker snicker)

http://ep.com/js/mi/c0/b0/v0/n0/1364067.html

Amazing claims out there in some of these ads. *******************************************************