Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 13 Mar 2002 16:31:03 -0500
From:         "G. Matthew Bulley" <gmbulley@BULLEY-HEWLETT.COM>
Subject:      List members near Alpharetta, GA??

VeeDub pals-

I have a line on a couple of 1974 VW 412's that (for some inexplicable reason) I would like to purchase, and transport to my home in NC for use as transportation. They are in Alpharetta, GA, which is too far a hump for me to traverse without one o' me smart VW pals takin' a gander at 'em prior to me rolling down there with the flat-bed.

I'd particularly like it if you know a bit about type4 VW motors, (same motor as 1980-1983 Vanagon, 1970-1976 Porsche 914, 1976 Porsche 912e, 1968-1979 VW Bus, and 1970-1973 VW 411) but I'd trust anyone who trusts themselves to look over an old car and give an opinion.

They have both been parked since "about 1980", so no test drive will be implied, but a good eye for rust will be appreciated. A digital camera owner who can send a couple dozen pics would be a dream come true.

The gentleman who currently owns them should be a hoot to talk to. He speaks with a heavy accent (French? Belgian? Not sure), and borders on eccentric in the most classic VW sense. bought these back in 1980 "because I liked the way they look". Has 9 other old VWs as well, all apparently derelict, or nearly so.

p-mail please if you can do me this solid.

Developing business and guiding change since 1996,

G. Matthew Bulley Bulley-Hewlett Corporate Communications Business: www.bulley-hewlett.com <http://bulley-hewlett.com/> Alliance: www.ntara.com <http://www.ntara.com/> Call tollfree: +1.877.658.1278