Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 9 Mar 2002 23:22:08 -0500
From:         ncbus <ncbus@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      EveryBus updates
Comments: To: fmbc <FullMoon@Hville.Net>, type2 list <type2@type2.com>,
          vintagebus <vintagebus@type2.com>

Hello,

EveryBua 2002 will start on April 19th 2002 just south of Greensboro, NC. Last years event brought over 120 VW Transporters together for a weekend of fun and buses. Complete info can be found at http://www.everybus.com

*Carabus List You will find on the web site an incomplete but maintained list of those attending the event and where they will begin their journey. The carabus list is helpful so you can hook up with those in your area that are attending and perhaps you can arrange to travel together.

There have been quite a few additions to the carabus list and the format for the page has been changed. If you are on the list and have a picture of your bus send me a link and I will post it on the page so we can identify each other on the road and at the campground.

*EveryBus T-shirts The always funky Richard Palmer has out done himself again with EB t-shirts. You can place you orders now with Richard. If you want one please pre-order!!!!!!!!!!! info at http://www.teamspatula.com

*50/50 raffle I am copying this from Snoopy. You buy a tickets for $1 per ticket. All the money is thrown into a pot. A ticket is drawn at random and the winner gets half the money. The other half goes to www.type2.com to help maintain the servers, ISP, etc. I make no money off the deal!

*Met-wiz Tour. Kelly Brown, the Metal Wizard will be conducting a shop tour of his bus repair headquarters which is located about 10 miles from the event site. Check out his web site at http://www.metwiz.com. You will be impressed!

*Kids activities: This area is still a question mark. Last year we did some fun stuff but Michele and Stella we be off doing the soccer thing Saturday Afternoon and my plate is a little full. Are there any parents out there that want to get together and organize something? Let me know!

*Chilli contest/pot luck dinner The chilli contest is for meat and meat-free ( that means without meat not stuff someone gave you) Here is how it works - you make a pot of your finest chilli and bring it to the shelter area at. The chilli will be judged by an esteemed and flatulent group of bus geezers. They will bestow honors to the winners in the two categories. The leftovers are fed to the masses. Those who do not make chilli, if you will, could whip of something such as a side or a dessert that would round out the menu for the feast..

*Door prizes, etc. Once again there will be a busload of stuff to give away. If you want to donate something it would be welcome. Please keep donations in the vain of VW Transporter stuff or camping goodies.

*Bluegrass and old timey music. The High Lonsome Strings will be back again this year for a Saturday show.

$15 per night per bus. Hookups first come first serve.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!! -- Chris '68 A-wagen Greensboro, NC www.mindspring.com/~ncbus/