Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 16 Mar 2002 11:51:43 -0600
From:         Bruce Nadig <motorbruce@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      SA Big Brakes

Fellow Vanners,

I've got an unusual question. Because the price is so good right now, I want to go ahead and but the 2wd South Africa brake kit on the group buy. Unfortunately I don't have the 15" wheels yet. I will have to wait a bit to get those but I'm gonna get the brakes now because the price is so good. I know that I won't be able to install the brakes until I have bigger wheels.

So I got this idea for cheap bigger wheels. It is my understanding the late model Passat and Audi A4 wheels will also fit. I was thinking that maybe I could find a cheap set of steel wheels that someone has removed from their car so that they could install aftermarket wheels. Being steel wheels I figured I could buy a used set pretty darn cheap.

Now my questions: 1) The steel wheels should work, right?

2) Will I have to use different lug nuts to properly mount the steel wheels?

TIA, Bruce