Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 16 Mar 2002 19:02:55 -0800
From:         Robert Keezer <warmerwagen@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: 86' Syncro For Sale
Comments: To: David Wilhite <dnmwilhite@EARTHLINK.NET>

Where on Earth is it?

Robert 1982 Westfalia

----- Original Message ----- Wrom: TQTIPWIGYOKST Sent: Saturday, March 16, 2002 8:06 AM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: 86' Syncro For Sale

Guys,

I came across a used car dealer selling an 86' Syncro today. The body is in real good shape. There is no rust to speak of. It has a goldish/brownish exterior color. The interior is beige and it does not have a middle seat. I saw a very small (3") patch of wet asphalt underneath the engine. There wasn't enough there to tell whether it was oil or water. I had trouble getting the van to run, but was finally able to get it going so I could drive it around. It ended up dying on me in a parking lot, so I had to walk back to the dealer. I drove it for probably about 10 minutes and the temperature didn't get up to normal before it died on me. The engine seemed a little weak, but I don't really know how it should be since I converted mine to Subie power and mine had a bad engine when I bought it.

I've never ridden in a Syncro, so I am not aware of the controls. In the middle of the dash, there was a picture of the drivetrain. Only the rear section would light up with an LED. When I pulled a knob, the light would go off. I noticed that when the light was on, the van acted real weird when turning. Like I said, I don't know much about them.

Anyway, if anyone thinks this thing might be worth $1500.00 send me an email. I think I could get it for less. I wouldn't mind having a syncro, but my Westy is all I really need. I would be willing to purchase it for someone for a small fee if they really want it.

Later

David Wilhite dnmwilhite@earthlink.net 01' KLR 650 84' SubaruvanagonGet more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com