Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 17 Mar 2002 10:50:55 -0500
From:         80 Westy Pokey <pokey@VANAGON.ORG>
Subject:      Re: AIRS air cooled listings
Comments: To: jbrush@AROS.NET

I don't know if an AIRS member would even care if a Vanagon owner called them. Part of their mission statement says: "AIRS is dedicated to assisting the intrepid VW traveler when facing the occasional breakdown" it doesn't really specify that you have to be driving an air cooled bus (like mine... albiet not a loaf).

LIMBO offers a similar service known as the 'Transporter Tourist and Travelers' directory (TTT). In it is a volunteer list of members throughout the country who can offer assistance if you have a problem while your on the road. It may only be a camping space or a cup of coffee but its save a lot of people when they are having bus troubles.

Thanks, Chris

---- Original message ---- >Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 22:31:50 -0700 >From: John Brush <jbrush@AROS.NET> >Subject: AIRS air cooled listings >To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > >Might be an old question, but I don't recall seeing it. Sorry if everyone >else knows but me :-) > >The air cooled list maintains info on people who will volunteer help, >driveways, or coffee/beer, etc to travelers who may have a need. > >Is there such a list for vanagons? Since I don't see it anywhere, then I >have to ask why not? > >Perhaps the complexity would overwhelm one person? > >I was just on the air-cooled sight and was reminded of the young woman who >was killed at a rest stop, and thought about how much I travel and what >would I do if I had trouble. > >Anyway, just wondering if its a bad idea, or a good idea that is hard to >implement. > >Thanks for the BW, > >John