Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 15 Mar 2002 11:24:47 -0500
From:         David Katsuki <dkatsuki@WORLD.STD.COM>
Subject:      Re: april 2002 release of bentley cd
Comments: To: Ed Carroll <ecarroll@MAINE.RR.COM>

The Bentley folks are right down the street from where I work (Cambridge MA), and I've been over there several times both for business and also for books (in addition to the Vanagon manual, I got both the CD and the paper manual for our 96 Passat, plus lots of other Bentley books.) Cool offices and very nice people, who seem to really like what they're doing. Offices are in a converted old Cambridge house, with a fancy (and well-equipped) garage attached where they disassemble/analyze/photograph/reassemble/etc. the cars that they're writing manuals on.

There are a number of VW enthusiasts there, and they're all car nuts of some sort. I met the guy who has the vanagons, I think, but I forget his name.

BTW - The Passat CD manual I got was very well done, but I found it to be very hard to use when working on the car, since I had to bring my laptop down to the garage to view it, and then there was the issue of grease and dirt on the keypad. I'll take the paper one any day (even though for the Passat, the paper one was lots more expensive.) Maybe the vanagon CD would be a good addition to a paper one, (but the ETKA CD has all the part numbers too).

Dave 90 Westy 87 Golf 87 Golf GTI 16V (son's car) 96 Passat