Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 18 Mar 2002 15:43:02 -0800
From:         Allan Bagley <allanb@CARLSON-AUDIO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Headlight Unit Replacement

RE: headlight adjusters: With much care and cursing I got all but one of mine out without breakage except one! Dealer had one, wrong one of course, but part of that worked to replace the actual part that was broken. Less than six bucks. Big deal. The large end comes out easy (once you get the hang of it) with small channellock pliers to rotate the thing while pushing down the locking tabs with a small flat tip screwdriver. The small end is tougher as the nubs must be compressed to push it out. Might be woth warming them with a hair dryer. Might be less trouble to buy all 16 for 60 bucks or so and rip them all out. At under six bucks a piece I don't think thats unreasonable at all. All my lenses and reflectors were very foggy so I poured in a little dishwashing liquid and HOT water, shook em up, rinsed until clear and left them all on heater registers for a good day of drying. Lights seem brighter now and look fresh and new. Remember not to touch the actual bulbs themselves with your fingers. Leaves oils that evaporate and fog your reflector (so they say).

Allan Bagley 86 westy

pensioner