Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 16 Mar 2002 23:18:40 -0800
From:         hanskosten <hanskosten@EMAIL.MSN.COM>
Subject:      Re: 91 Westy Purchase Possibility
Comments: To: Dale Goodvin <dgoodvin@YAHOO.COM>

The price seems right, I paid well over $ 15,000 for mine four month ago, 80,000 miles. Was in an excellent condidion, nothing wobbling, no single scratch or dent, no rust, everything works except the fridge on propane; but I probably hav'nt tinkered long enough with it. My van came with the bra, hitch, internal bike bracket, extra floor mats, sheep skins (the real ones) that were not there to hide anything, upholstry is spotless, and most important of all, it has the black plastic skirt all around. I believe that was only available for three years on the passenger van and they are almost impossible to get. Engine had no head problems (yet), auto-trans perfect and right in the groove at 4200 rpm and 75 miles per hour; have a problem holding it back on a long flat road like I-5 between Bakersfield and San Francisco because if I don't pay attention it will go to 82 mph. Only problem is only 14.6 mpg, probably because of the high speed that I drive on my regular long distance runs. So I think for around $12,000 you should not mind a few imperfections and some mechanics work to bring it in good shape. '91 Westy's in good and original condition are rare as I can tell from my searches to find one. Good Luck! Hans ----- Original Message ----- From: "Dale Goodvin" <dgoodvin@YAHOO.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2002 4:13 PM Subject: 91 Westy Purchase Possibility