Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 19 Mar 2002 10:50:35 -0600
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Seeing out the back window on a Westy w/ AC
Comments: To: sbsyncro@hotmail.com

You can got to any auto wrecking yard and pick any mirror that you like, any mirror that glues to the glass and remove it. You'll need to buy an adhesive kit from your local FLAPS and scrub the location on your windshield that you want to install it. Scrub that small mounting spot with BonAmi, Dutch Cleanser, Comet Cleaner ..... any light abrasive. Just glue the mounting base to your windshield and tape it in place for 24 hours. You'll then be able to see better through your back window IE who is currently tailgating you.

Stan Wilder

On Tue, 19 Mar 2002 07:55:02 -0800 Brent Christensen <sbsyncro@HOTMAIL.COM> writes: > On my drive to the office this morning, I got to thinking that if the > rear > view mirror was mounted on the dash instead of the roof, that a > clear view > out the back window could be had. Has anyone tried this? Is there > a good, > OEM-looking rear view mirror that would be suitable for dash > mounting that > anyone knows of? > > Just curious and tired of not being able to see out the back! (And > no, I > don't want one of those "Fresnel" lens thingies - way too '70's for > me! > :-) > > > Brent Christensen > '89 GL Syncro Westy > Santa Barbara, CA > > > _________________________________________________________________ > Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at > http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp. >