Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 19 Mar 2002 11:57:17 +0000
From:         Dale Ward <eladdraw@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      More Maaco paint

If any one is ready for another post on this subject here it is! I just had two Vanagons done at my local Maaco store for under $1,000 for the pair. That even included body work on both. Both came out looking fine and if they stay that way for a couple of years I'll be satisified. These are daily driver/work vans, so a truck type paint job is OK with me. My sometime girlfriend had her '87 Syncro Westfalia done right at a highly qualified body shop. Replaced window rubber etc. Cost over $2,500 just for the paint. In less than a year, all the rust was coming back. The shop is going to redo the job next month for free--but no guarantees this time around. My point is this, I can paint my vans four or five times if I have to (I wouldn't) and still be dollars ahead. Anbd don't forget, cash goes a long way--even at Maaco! Dale Ward, President of LiMBO ____________________________________________________ The Late Model Bus Organization, international zzzzzzzzzzzzzz_ '90 Westfalia, '86 Syncro |E[__][__]|[_]\\ '90 Vanagon, '84 Sunroof Vanagon | _ LiMBO | _ || '76 Westfalia, '72 Super Beetle =-( )-------( )--= ICQ 146142369 9 Golden Hill Ave AOL IM LiMBOBUS01 Shrewsbury,MA 01545 http://www.bcn.net/~limbo