Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 19 Mar 2002 09:39:57 -0800
From:         Tom Naylor II <tomn@DSLEXTREME.COM>
Subject:      Re: Seeing out the back window on a Westy w/ AC
Comments: To: phil stanhope <napszeerf@YAHOO.COM>

Hey Phil,

The magnifying lens is one of the best safety upgrades that I've added to my Westy (also w/ the AC box). I bought the largest one Pep Boys sold ~9x11".

---Tom Naylor

Im planning on buying one of those RV window magnifier fish-eye things. If it works for 20 ft RV's then it should work for a Westy right?

Phil 84' Westy Tiico "Millenium Falcon" 60' Morris Mini1340CC 84' Westfalia Wolfsburg edition--FOR SALE-FOR SALE-SE VENDE!!!!!!(Florida) AC, PS, 4spd. Super clean interior, Captains chairs, Rare removeable center bench seat for 6 passenger capability. Body has some rusty seams Rolling Chassis-(Has NO engine)-Perfect for a conversion project!!! Tiico? Subaru?

--- Stones <sstones@IDIRECT.COM> wrote: > At 07:55 AM 3/19/02 -0800, you wrote: > >On my drive to the office this morning, I got to > thinking that if the rear > >view mirror was mounted on the dash instead of the > roof, that a clear view > >out the back window could be had. Has anyone tried > this? Is there a good, > >OEM-looking rear view mirror that would be suitable > for dash mounting that > >anyone knows of? > > I would be concerned that you wouldn't be able to > see small cars if your > line of sight was from the dashboard (Roof height on > a Rabbit) out over the > bottom of the hatch window (Also roof height of a > rabbit)... > It would be even worse if you had stuff in the > middle and back seats, or in > the cargo area that was higher than the seat back.