Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 19 Mar 2002 19:59:09 -0500
From:         Brenda Clarkson <clarkson@MADRIVER.COM>
Subject:      Re: Water tank questions

When we tried filling the tank from the outside, it seemed like most of the water flowed down the side of the vehicle instead of into the tank. We constructed a filler gadget from a plastic hose connector with a valve, a replacement plastic female hose connection, and a 7 inch piece of tygon tubing.

The tygon tubing fits over the nipple of the hose connection and is secured the with a clamp. It is attached to the male end of the connector with the valve. When it's time to fill the tank, the female end of the connector is attached to the hose. The tygon tubing fits inside the intake to the tank, which keeps the water from pouring down the side, and the valve allows for easy on/off.

We also replaced all the water tubing (some of which was really quite black inside!) without pulling out the cabinets. The only really tricky part was the hose behind the cabinets. We cut the old hose to the sink on an angle that was about 2 inches long and did the same for the replacement hose. We taped the two hoses together along the cut with electrical tape. This allowed us to use the old hose to pull the new hose through behind the sink/stove cabinet (there are two round clips that the hose runs through behind the cabinet). We had the external tank inlet off at the time as we cleaned the flexible hose going into the tank with a bottle brush. Actually, getting that back together again was an interesting exercise as well.