Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 19 Mar 2002 20:45:06 -0600
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Shady used car dealer in CA??? accidently already sent part
              of this
Comments: To: spons23@hotmail.com

Is there anyway to tell within 10,000 how many miles a car has? --------------- Get a Carfax report www.carfax.com There are no guarantees that they'll have all of the info.

Stan Wilder

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002 02:12:20 +0000 luke sponsler <spons23@HOTMAIL.COM> writes: > Hello, > > My neighbor just purchased an 88 Wolfsburg Vanagon for $2250 with > 65,000 > miles on it. The used car lot he bought it from is Mission Gorge > Auto in > San Diego. The gentleman seemed really nice (I know it's his job) > and he > had 4 other vanagons in his lot. > > Well after my buddy had the Vanagon for 5 days he realized the > odometer > didn't work. I drove the car briefly for my neighboor, and looked > at the > engine but did not think to check the odometer (d'oh). While > looking at it, > I knew the milage sounded rather low, but my buddy took it to a > mechanic and > it checked out. > > My questions are: > Has anybody purchased a vanagon from this place? > Is it illegal to sell a car with a broken odometer? > Is there anyway to tell within 10,000 how many miles a car has? > Should I let a sleeping dog lie since the car seems to be driving > great? > > I will say that the guy he bought it from seemed nice (Although > more than a > little defensive when I called him to ask aboutthe odometer. He > suggested > it broke in the last 5 days) and offered to refund my neighbor's > money. > > Any advice on this issue? > > luke > > _________________________________________________________________ > Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: > http://messenger.msn.com >