Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 19 Mar 2002 22:21:23 -0800
From:         Alex Roth <at_roth@ATT.NET>
Subject:      FS: '90 GL

FS: 1990 Vanagon GL, 226k miles, 4 spd, AC, PS, CC, PW, White, $2500 Car is in Redwood City, CA. No leaks anywhere, compression about 110psi on all four cylinders. Passed smog easily last July. Drives very straight, no unusual noises. Body is B-/C+, one unmatched valence panel, could use new paint. Upholstery has usual wear and could be cleaned. No middle seat or rear headrests, I gave them away. Five OEM alloy wheels with Michelin MXTs, new about 12-15k miles ago. New sway bars front and rear = much less body roll, better handling and more stable in cross winds, but less traction on uneven dirt surfaces. Cross-drilled rotors w/ stainless braided lines up front. The brakes stop fast, quiet and do not fade. Street Bilsteins all around.

I know of three possible improvements needed: 1. The clutch judders after about 10 minutes of stop & go traffic, could use a new clutch, not been a problem for me. 2. The starter may be on its way, takes a second try sometimes in cold weather. 3. Blaupunct Miami (w/in-dash CD) loses all power intermittently, could be the radio, could be the power lead is loose.

Everything else works fine.

I like this car a lot; it has served me well, especially for biking and camping and commuting. I would keep it but for a place to park it. High miles discount a higher price. Email me direct at: at_roth@att.net with any questions.