Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 20 Mar 2002 18:59:11 -0800
From:         Matthias Kuster <choreboy@CNMNETWORK.COM>
Subject:      Re: Put rebuilt 1.9l in,... solved

Yepedipep!

My rebuild by a oh so reputable outfit (Fast German Auto) included studs for the cover plate right next to the distributor, on top of pulley. That's the good part, since other items, like the cover plate for the left(driver) coolant passage at flywheel side, and bunch of bolts and stuff I gave them with the longblock were not included. Hm. Anyhow: those bolts they used were too long and kept the distributor from seating all the way (the vacuum diaphragm housing was in the way), hence the drive was not all the way in, the rotor would spin whenever it felt like it, and off course my hall sender would not get any trigger either. Had to grind off those bolts, (EASY with sparks flying and the fuel line 1/4" away from the grinder. Poo! She runs now, just bled the cooling system, and will install new clutch master cyl sometime next week. All kosher, it seems. Pretty stoked after all. Oh, and the Bentley DOES have plenty of testing procedures for the hall unit, know them all now. Thanks a bunch for everybody's help and time.

Cheers

Matthias Kuster, L.A. CA-- 1984 WBX 1.9 Wolfy Manual (how many manhours to maintain this thing God only knows)