Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 21 Mar 2002 21:04:41 -0500
From:         David Wilhite <dnmwilhite@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Hall Sender Question
Comments: To: syncro@yahoogroups.com

I recently posted about a syncro I've got for sale. Everything has seemed to check out fine on it. I have had some bucking/missing/non-start with it occasionally. When it did it today, I checked out the Hall Sender (thanks to the archives) and guess what. It is held in place with silicone and a nylon wire tire. Evidently, it's been broken and rigged in the past. I was able to wiggle it and make the van able to start and run or die. I tightened up the wire tire and went on my merry way. So hopefully, this has been the source of my problem.

So now I have a couple of questions to ask the collective here.

#1-I have looked through my Bentley, and replacing the Hall Sender seems pretty straightforward. However, I think it best to ask if there is a good method for removal and replacement before I start on it. I'm not real crazy about pulling the distributor out to do this.

#2-I still have the 1.9 engine from my 84'. I hadn't had the chance to check it out, but does anybody know if it is the same type as the 2.1, or am I better off just buying a new one. Keep in mind that although I do have this for sale, I want it to be reliable before I get it sold to someone else.

Thanks in advance.

David Wilhite dnmwilhite@earthlink.net 01' KLR 650 84' Subaruvanagon