Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 21 Mar 2002 17:59:45 -0800
From:         Brent Christensen <sbsyncro@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Spare wheel carrier for a 15" or 16" wheel
Comments: To: sanfordachulwolf@YAHOO.COM

Derek Drew posted something on the Syncro list recently about the mount from a Isuzu Amigo or Rodeo. I would search the archives and see what you come up with.

Failing that, Yakima makes a spare tire mount for their roof-top basket. Though I can tell you from first hand experience that putting a big heavy wheel and tire on the roof can be dangerous. I dropped one off the roof of my Jeep once, and it slid down, hit me, then bounced onto the car next to mine (my wife's) put a big dent in the side, then bounced back and put a dent in my Jeep. Within the span of 30 seconds I had injured myself, put a 6" dent in my wife's car, and crinkled the fender lip of my Jeep. The expression "Knee-walking-pissed-off" begins to describe the feeling at the time....

-Brent

>From: sanford schulwolf <sanfordachulwolf@YAHOO.COM> >Reply-To: sanford schulwolf <sanfordachulwolf@YAHOO.COM> >To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM >Subject: Spare wheel carrier for a 15" or 16" wheel >Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 17:14:52 -0800 > >Hello List, > >I’m in upgrade mode and wondering about where to put >my new 16" spare tire. I’d like to buy an original >syncro spare tire holder that mounts on the side of >the vanagon but they’re a bit too pricey. Has anyone >bought a generic, Ford or Toyota, etc. spare wheel >carrier and mounted it on the vanagon. While walking >in San Francisco today I couldn’t help but noticed how >simple the spare wheel carriers looked on most cars >and trucks. > >Thanks, >Sanford >91 syncro camper soon with 16" wheels. > >. > > > >__________________________________________________ >Do You Yahoo!? >Yahoo! Movies - coverage of the 74th Academy Awards® >http://movies.yahoo.com/

Brent Christensen '89 GL Syncro Westy Santa Barbara, CA