Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 21 Mar 2002 17:04:09 -0800
From:         Eric Unrau <eunrau@YAHOO.CA>
Subject:      Re: ignition problem

Checked 3 of the plugs this evening (didn't want to pull the air cleaner out) and all seemed to have a nice healthy spark. However, when I try to start the engine there isn't even a hint of ignition. The plug that Steve referred to (http://www3.telus.net/eunrau/photos/102-0265_IMG.JPG) is pretty loose; in fact I think the plastic that holds it to the base of the distributor is cracked. Could this prevent the engine from firing? Any other suggestions?

Thanks all,

Eric

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Eric Unrau eunrau@yahoo.ca ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Make sure that the little plug on the side of the distributor is properly connected, otherwise you will have no spark.

Steve