Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 15 Mar 2002 14:51:13 -0800
From:         Bill Kasper <dragonlist@IPMTS.UCSC.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Removal fo FI injectors
Comments: To: John Rodgers <jhrodgers@MINDSPRING.COM>

prior to beginning work: disconnect your battery ground strap. i used a rag with cleaner on it to wipe the area above and around the injectors so no crud would fall into the path of the seals or into the housing itself.

the injectors have a bolt holding a bracket that holds both injectors in place (with their seals). undo that bolt and you can pull the fuel rail away from the block and the injectors out. if you are changing fuel lines, disconnect the feed line to the rail and you can lift the whole kit'n'kaboodle out of the engine compartment.

watch out for the injector clip-on plugs, so that they don't get reversed, or broken. the passenger side of the engine requires you take off your aircleaner, and perhaps your afm (depends upon how much room you want to work). the other side is blocked by a variety of things nonremovable, but not so much so that you can't do it from the top. perhaps that side is easier to do from the bottom (i did it from the top).

hope this helps.

bill kasper '87 syncro westfalia santa cruz, ca replaced fuel lines as first major engine work in 11 years.