Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 15 Mar 2002 18:14:20 +0000
From:         "James T." <jboldway@INTCON.NET>
Subject:      VIN - where car sold & Fuel Injection help

I'm confused as to what sort of Fuel Injection setup my engine has. Am having a problem with a fast idle and in attempting to correct it I have uncovered a plethora of questions. I've got a 1985 Westy with a built date of 11/84 on the door jamb sticker. However, inside the engine compartment things get confusing. My power steering unit has a electrical sensor hook-up to a non-spliced wiring harness. Bently says that is for 1986+ vehicles with a vin of _______24_G_055__689_______. Bently manual says it covers ______24_A___________ and on. Well, my VIN number is _____25_F_______. So, does this mean my camper was made for Euro or SA or otherwhere?. Other anomalities: Idle stabilizer is Black unit for pre-85. But, throttle body has NO, repeat NO, allowance for a max throttle or idle position switch - it is devoid of all mounting hardware for said and there are no extra wires hanging loose from wiring harness. Plus, CO2 sensor is single lead, not coax, again indicating 1985 and earlier. Can any Vanagon experts shed some light on what I have? Is Bently wrong in their ____24_A(and other alpha)______ designation or do I have a non-US/Canada vehicle?

--------------------------------------------- This message was sent using Endymion MailMan. http://www.endymion.com/products/mailman/