Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 15 Mar 2002 08:49:54 -0700
From:         Scott Maurer <scott@MAURERDESIGN.COM>
Subject:      parting out 85' Westy in Denver, CO...

I found a freshly scrapped 1985 Westy at Eur-Asian auto salvage in Denver, CO. It's chocolate brown with the tan interior. I grabbed some of the cabinet trim to fill in the gaps from the shrinkage. (I didn't know plastic could shrink until I saw an 80's Westy) The seats with arm rests are intact but need upholstery. The rear fold out bench was mint. Other small stuff still around. Motor mostly there. All major interior there. Curtains OK. If you need something let me know as a preliminary since I've been in it and took a mental inventory. I'm sure Eur-Asian could pull it and send it. It was king of sad to see it there. One less Westy on the road.

I know this Westy TOO well. I found it last week and was inside scoping it out when I heard the fork lift/payloader guy (the huge ones that can stack cars three high) rolling down the road. The next thing I know he's lifting the Westy up WITH ME IN IT. He couldn't see me in there because of the cheesy purple window tint. Of course I let out the traditional "What the f..." and jumped out the open side door. I must have jumped at least 4-5 feet to the ground to safety as he lifted it above my head. I got his attention and stopped. I said "Man, I was IN there!" He kind of had this frozen look on his face, then he apologized. I said that's alright and said, "This is like a scene out of a movie!" and laughed and smiled. I really felt like Harrison Ford in "The Fugitive" when he's in that water drainage pipe and Tommy Lee has the gun on him. It felt like that kind of jump at the moment.

Cheers, Scott

-- Maurer Design Scott A. Maurer 3559 Larimer Street Denver, CO 80205

cel: 720.363.LAMP (5267)

fax: 303.329.0118

Now you can shop online @ http://www.maurerdesign.com

"The lamp is always on..."