Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 22 Mar 2002 16:49:44 -0600
From:         Marshall <mjruskin@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: Using American engines for Vanagon swap - why the heck not?
Comments: To: "Mr. Pants" <mrpants@MINDSPRING.COM>

Hi Tom:

I know you're exagerating on the negatives for the sake of humour, that's OK.

The motor mounts are a concern, the rear springs are not. I'd use air-lift shocks for rear lift, which I need anyway.

The gas economy will depend on how I drive it, as the motor only develops power, and thus consumes fuel, according to the load. It's not gonna use 300 hp of fuel, when it's only being loaded to 90 hp.

Seriously, is it possible to support the engine with reasonably designed structures?

Marshall ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mr. Pants" <mrpants@MINDSPRING.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 08:28 AM Subject: Re: Using American engines for Vanagon swap - why the heck not?