Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 23 Mar 2002 02:00:41 EST
From:         Bill Thomas <Bithomas707@AOL.COM>
Subject:      83.5 Westy FS

Hi all,

I have a 1983 Westy with the watercooled 1.9 L for sale at $5500 obo in Atlanta, GA. It can be seen at traderonline.com using the following link:

http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/vdetail.jtmpl?car_id=89417626&dealer_id=& certified=n&max_price=&start_year=1983&end_year=1983&address=30012& search_type=used&make=VOLKS&model=VANAG&min_price=&distance=25&advcd_on=n& advanced=n&color=&car_year=1983&ac_afflt=ATLANTACLASSIFIEDS.COM

1983 Volkswagen Campmobile 1.9L watercooled, full Westfalia package, clean, rustfree excellent original condition. Many new parts including muffler and catalytic converter, fuel injection system, ignition system, alternator, front and rear heater cores, waterpump and thermostat w/ long life coolant, rear brakes, and more. Passes emissions with flying colors. Good Michelin MX's with over 75% tread left. I kept a service log and have all receipts and the original owner's manuals in the blue packet

This vehicle is ready to go anywhere. If I had the time I would not hesitate going from Atlanta to Seattle and back. I replaced almost all of the fuel and ignition system for trip insurance and saved most of the used but still good parts as a backup including an extra Digijet computer, fuel pump, coil, ignition module, distributor, and other parts. I recently dropped the fuel tank and replaced all flexible lines when I installed a new fuel sending unit. The tank is in excellent condition inside and out with very little rust; I touched up a few bare spots on the outside with paint and undercoating while I had it out. The engine compartment has all new fuel lines including the lines leading to the tank and fuel pump.

Average 20 to 22 MPG. I've gotten as high as 25 MPG cruising about 50 mph on West Texas hill country two lane roads so if you are not in a hurry you can keep your fuel costs in line. I still get at least 19 MPG keeping up with the interstate crowd but I prefer relaxed cruising in the right lane.

I run Mobil 1 15W-50 full synthetic oil with a Mann or Mahle filter year round with almost no oil consumption. No coolant or oil leaks.

I can e-mail a set of 640 x 480 shots of the exterior, interior, and engine compartment to anyone interested. I have even higher res shots if you have a favorite.

Best regards - Bill