Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 24 Mar 2002 00:22:08 +1200
From:         Andrew Grebneff <andrew.grebneff@STONEBOW.OTAGO.AC.NZ>
Subject:      Re: Using American engines for Vanagon swap - why the heck not?

>The Japanese are not innovaters--they are duplicator's---so X out any >thing they have to offer in engine's, because they are using someone >else's technology--they just change the look of it---

C'mon Terry Pratchett... whereve you been living, the last few decade's? The Jap's, copy nobody. Even Bee Em Dubblyew, copies Jap styling now.

>The land of the rising sun, and the european's have no idea what cubes + >HP is all about.

A course, they do. DOHC, 4/5 (even 8 with certain Honda's!) valves, per cylinder

> >Yea they make some good engine's, ( what?) but most of them are >all rpm, and zero grunt. ( not all of them, taking in to account the >excellent BMW ETA 6 )

How about the DOHC, Toyota V8? Sold as Lexus in some markets.

>426 cubes? >426 horse's? > >I am not aware of any road worthy, available to the public, standard >import that cranks out as much horspower as it's displacement.

Any Japanese motorcycle does, and far more than that. so, does the Honda 'S2000.

>How about the new Chevy 6? > >Dual overhead cams, twin turbos, and making 485 hp.

Copied from the Jap's, or German's. Actually, never heard of it. Designed in Europe?

>And I'll bet the parts when required for this engine won't cost a left >testicle.

No, probably both. Probably often.

>Very similar to any american 4,6 8 or what ever----cheap to maintain, >lots of gotain. > >Get real Andrew---take off the VW blinder's--

Oh I see, yer tongue, is superglued, in yer cheek! (I am NOT, a fan of watercooled VW, engine's. Why do you think, I'm fitting a 'Subaru six??).