Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 25 Mar 2002 09:54:17 -0400
From:         Malcolm Stebbins <Malcolm.Stebbins@MSVU.CA>
Subject:      Re: self-bleeding coolant?  Now:  Gas w/o filler
Comments: To: Robert Steven Fish <fish@salzburg.co.at>

On 24 Mar 2002 at 18:58, Robert Steven Fish wrote: > Hi, I see your point... It would be sort of comparable to starting a > thread about "how do I fill the gas tank up WITHOUT sticking a gas > nozzle into the gas tank filler hole".

Robert I bet that you think you have asked a really outlandish question.......

I'm the guy who took my van to Egypt a year (or so) ago, now you see my van takes unleaded fuel so it has a smaller collar on the gas cap filler tube than do cars that take leaded gas. Egypt does NOT use unleaded fuel, only leaded. Usually that was not a problem as the fuel nozzles fit. But now on one trip out in the Egyptian desert, the ONE gas station in that oasis had only the larger nozzle on the pump so it would not fit in to the gas filler tube.

You guessed it "how do I fill the gas tank up WITHOUT sticking a gas nozzle into the gas tank filler hole".

TRULY! I had to figure this out. We used a long funnel and filled the tank that way. Not too hard but your outlandish question was asked.

So Robert, keep asking the outlandish questions, maybe somebody, somewhere has BTDT. Thanks for the chance to reminisce. Smiling from ear to ear, Malcolm