Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 25 Mar 2002 08:54:25 -0800
From:         gary hradek <hradek@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      without thermostat?

Javier, In a warm environment it will not hurt to run without thermostat. It may decrease your gas milage. However it will not improve cooling. If you have a problem with overheating it is best to look elseware and leave the thermostat in an not blame the weather. Perhaps your timing is off? Try running a switch to the coolant fan relay and run with your fan on or off to determine if the radiator can cool enough??? regards garyDate: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 21:21:39 -0500 From: Javier Zavala <zavlomja@EC-RED.COM> Subject: without thermostat?

Hola amigos:

I am in the process of rebuilding my engine after both heads blew. I am really concerned about high temps so I was thinking of running the engine without the thermostat.

I know it won´t warm up correctly but we are having a heat phenomenon in my country (it´s called "el niño") whichwill last all year, so the outside temperature won´t be a problem.

Can anyone tell me their opinions on running without thermostat?

TIA

Javier