Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 26 Mar 2002 14:38:04 -0500
From:         Andree Hurley <ahurley@VIEWIT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Need fuel pump in Eureka, CA

Hi,

Well, through a friend I found out about Specialty Foreign Auto in McKinleyville. He put a fuel pressure gauge on the engine and we drove up a hill to see the fuel pressure drop. Humboldt Import Parts ordered it fro mthe Bay Area at 3:30 pm and it was in by 8:30 am. I got a rebuilt - but the one on the van was an after-market German pump (P____), and had different connectors so we switched those out. It seems better but the test will be driving up the Oregon coast today! It is odd that the pump that seems to have failed was put on in May by the previous owner, buy maybe he pulled it from a junkyard. At any rate, the two companies listed above are great, very helpful and smart!

Also, if I can find an old pump I'll be able to send it back for the exchange. (couldn't take the aftermarket one). Gave me the box just in case.

Andree

PS Thanks for all the email help - I just couldn't access email until I found this Kinkos - the KOA boasted dialup access and lurred me in - but they had a block on the line unless one is with aol. I have tscnet.com which merged with sinclair.net and have national dialup numbers. I got a couple of great phone calls too.

________________________ Check it out! http://www.viewit.com/ http://www.onwatersports.com/ Both updated with new links!