Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 26 Mar 2002 19:51:25 -0500
From:         John Rodger <jcr@MAGMA.CA>
Subject:      Re: tiico installation video
Comments: To: Marshall <mjruskin@SHAW.CA>

That may be the way to go Marshall. At three hours it would be one big file. From what I'm reading on the list about the video a may not be worth the effort to make copies available after all.

For those of you who think the $10.00 price tag is too much, let me say that was an estimate to get things started. The copies would be made by a professional duplication company so the drop in quality will not be that bad. Having not seen the quality of the video yet I can't comment on that. The cost breakdown for those who are interested is as follows:

$7.95 ea for T-160 tape and three hours to duplicate if we do 10 or more. $2.60 for up to 0.2Kg or $4.60 for up to 0.5Kg for postage from Canada to the USA. The tape is .3Kg so it will be $4.60 shipping.

Total of $12.55 Canadian or $7.85 US. That is the best I can do. I don't mind doing this for the list members, just don't want anyone to think I making enough to retire to Florida.

John Rodger 88 Westy 00 Jetta GTI

At 17:05 26/03/02 -0600, Marshall wrote: >Alernatively, I can convert it into an AVI file, and everyone can share it >using Morpheous. > >That way, it'll be free forever, and live forever - so long as just one >person keeps it on an internet-connected computer. > >Marshall Ruskin >84 Westy >----- Original Message ----- >From: "John Rodger" <jcr@MAGMA.CA> >To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> >Sent: Monday, March 25, 2002 04:16 PM >Subject: Re: tiico installation video > > > > While I am not in the market for a Tiico conversion in the near future I > > would like to offer professional duplication of the video for list members > > at cost. Somewhere around $10.00 including mailing in North America. The > > only question I would have is copyright, who has it and will the list > > member who produced the video allow copies to be made. > > > > John Rodger, Ottawa, Canada > > 88 Westy > > 00 Jetta GTI > > > > At 20:12 24/03/02 -0700, Andrew Fox wrote: > > >I have a copy of the tiico into vanagon video produced by a listmember > > >last year. Since I just had to have my heads resealed and have decided > > >that my next van will be an american van w/ camper conversion I don't >need > > >the video anymore. If anyone wants it you have to agree to either make a > > >copy and send it out to someone else or pass it on within a month or two. > > >The video is about 3 hours and gives a good idea of what it takes for the > > >home mechanic to install a tiico and is also very funny and entertaining. > > >pmail your name and address if interested. > > > > > >Thanks, > > >Andrew FOx > > >Ft. Collins CO > > >86 Westy