Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 27 Mar 2002 19:16:25 -0500
From:         Will Pierson <billyfeet@SURFREE.COM>
Subject:      Re: Tiico problem with simple solution
Comments: To: KENWILFY@AOL.COM

Hi Ken, this is Will Pierson. I have spoken with you and bought some parts from you. I also had this problem with the rubber cap. I was in Kansas after driving from Florida and had stopped for lunch. At this time my conversion was 4 months old and 3,000 miles. After lunch I was turning the starter and nothing. I opened the engine compartment and had my girlfriend turn over the motor and a big stream of gas shot out of the fuel pressure regulator where that cap was. The cap had split on the side and a lot of gas was coming out as soon as the fuel pump was on. I got some fuel inj. hose, a brass nipple and a brass cap and did a nice job of blocking that pipe. I was shocked to have that happen so soon and I feel that it is a very dangerous problem. There is a Tiico list. If you know how to post to it we should give them this info. WILL ----- Original Message ----- From: <KENWILFY@AOL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2002 3:59 PM Subject: Tiico problem with simple solution