Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 28 Mar 2002 10:30:10 EST
From:         Rico Sapolich <JKrevnov@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: The problem with TIICO problems
Comments: To: Willolyn99@aol.com

In a message dated 3/28/02 9:15:18 AM, Willolyn99@AOL.COM writes:

<< It sounds like you took a crabby pill today. >>

Bill,

I stopped taking dope long before I metamorphosed into an old son-of-a-bitch. To set straight the record, here is what I wrote to someone else:

I don't know if you ever noticed, but I am quick to defend one's right to post anything to the list as long as it not pornographic. If a person takes the time to pen an E-mail, the subject of that E-mail, whatever it is, is important to him. I spend as much time with our loosely structured family as I do with any other group of people, so I would think little of myself if I were intolerant of anyone's voice.

I was not criticizing anyone for their postings, I was questioning the veracity of the claims made by TiiCo. Like many others, I am looking to the TiiCo conversion as the least troublesome way to rejuvenate my aging Vanagons. When I see the postings regarding the conversion, I have to wonder how complete this kit really is. To me, "Approved by VWSA" does not mean that you should have to take measures to prevent a conflagration in the rear of the van. Instead, it means that all aspects of the conversion were considered and tested by VW before the kit was offered for sale. My question goes unanswered: Is the TiiCo kit what is provided by VWSA to their dealer network as a replacement for the WBX?

Rich