Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2002, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 31 Mar 2002 10:07:51 -0500
From:         Robert Donalds <bostneng@FCL-US.NET>
Subject:      Re: Valve adjustments/Need specs
Comments: To: uwannadeal2@USA.NET

some of this was posted 6/17/01

fellow vanagon types I am currently putting together article on my experience's with vanagon hydraulic lifters that will be posted on my web site in the very near future I will let you know when I have posted it. NOW POSTED http://www.bostonengine.com The vanagon book published by Bentley is about to be reprinted. For years Bentley publishing has worked hard to review comments from the those that have taken the time to write or phone things that they felt needed to be corrected or clarified. The next printing will include some 50 changes. One of these changes will be about bleeding and adjusting the hydraulic lifters. There was 2 versions of this process they are on pages 15.7 and 15.24 both where confusing and vague. It has been my experience airbound lifters may NEVER self adjust or bleed the air that is trapped above the check valve when the valves are preloaded and the extent of the problem varies widely. I know there will be those that disagree. Boston Bob