Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 2 Apr 2002 08:05:40 -0800
From:         "Andrew G. Martin" <agmartin@GIS.NET>
Subject:      Volks World magazine - May 2002 issue, page 18

Limited Vanagon Content! Purists press delete NOW!

This is a British publication that a friend gave me a subscription to. Page 18 of the May 2002 edition shows a "Brand New Campervan". It looks great if you like the late 70's style of bus. The interior looks off white with a thickly padded seat cushion that makes into the lower bed. No shots of the upper bunks area. I interpret the ad to say the whole van and the camping interior is brand new.

Taken word for word from Volk World;>>>

Here's the lasted offering from Beetles (UK), the Rio Campervan. The recently launched Rio conversion is a UK built interior that's designed to comfortably house two people with the option to fit another two adults or children on bunks in the large side-opening roof. These conversions also come with a hi-tech independent petrol heating system that is thermostatically controlled weather the engine is running or not. The really crazy part is that you can remotely operate the heater by dialing a coded number from your phone. This tele-heating means you can warm up your Van before you even leave the house! All this and you get the latest 1600cc fuel injected engine that can be converted to run on LPG should you require. Priced at L15,999 for a LHD or L16,999 (inc VAT) in RHD, these brand new traditional Vans are a great value for the money. Also available are the air-cooled Panel Vans for just L9999 plus VAT (or L10,999 in RHD) and people-carriers with eight seats for L12,995 inc VAT (L13,995 in RHD) To order your built to spec brand new Campervan, call 01454 228999 >>End of article from Volk World.<<

Sorry I can't include the pictures but the magazine should be available at newsstands in the US. If you find the mag, check out the Vanagon being car-jacked on page 12. (Mandatory Vanagon Content) The classified section is also drool inducing.

I want the tele-heater option for the BA-6 in my Westy!

Andrew 85 Westy